Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Welp, here we are

Welcome to A Matter of Expedients, a blog with a focus on military history and warfare. I used to run the now defunct History Nerd blog, but after noticing that the majority of my posts were of a military nature, I decided to replace it with a blog focused on that subject. The title itself comes from a variant of a quote by Helmuth von Moltke the Elder, an officer who served in both the Prussian and later, the German militaries. The original quote goes:
Strategy is a system of expedients; it is more than a mere scholarly discipline. It is the translation of knowledge to practical life, the improvement of the original leading thought in accordance with continually changing situations.
The variant I used is "War is a matter of expedients."

With this blog, I'll try and cover all eras of warfare, military figures, battles, weapons, etc. I hope you'll enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment